Great British Recording Studios
Thursday, 22 November from 5pm - 9pm at RAK Studios
42 - 48 Charlbert Street, St John's Wood, London NW8
This event is being held in celebration of our forthcoming book
“The Great British Recording Studios,” which will celebrate
the major UK facilities of the 1960s and 1970s.
The book’s author, Howard Massey, will be on hand to discuss the origins, aims
and format of this historically important project which he is undertaking
on our behalf, and to conduct interviews.
There will be a number of un-missable elements to the evening, including:
- Eddie Veale, recent APRS Fellow, renowned studio designer (Trident, Sarm, The Mill, Mayfair, Marquee)
- Chris Thomas, producer extraordinaire (Beatles, Pink Floyd, Procul Harum, Pretenders, Sex Pistols)
- Dave Harries, former technical engineer at Abbey Road (and the man who recorded the backwards cymbal on Strawberry Fields Forever!)
- Geoff Frost, former chief engineer at Levy's and co-founder of Sound Techniques Chelsea
- A look around RAK's iconic Studios 2 and 3 (subject to availability)
So, please, come and join us for an enjoyable evening of nostalgia, conversation, drink, nibbles, good cheer, and catching up with old friends.
As a certain Mr. Lennon once promised:
“a splendid time is guaranteed for all!”
RSVP required - MEMBERS ONLY to email@example.com
or call Francesca on 01803 868600/07977 270526